November 22nd, 2020: Eternal Families

 This week's post won't be too long, but I just had multiple experiences this past week with my siblings and parents that has me extremely grateful that we can be together as a family forever. I am so blessed to have great relationships with each one of my family members and also so grateful for technology that allows us to stay connected even when we all live in different places across the states. 

One particular moment that really touched my heart was just as I face timed my little brother Layton for just about 20 minutes on Sunday. Growing up me and Layton would fight a ton and honestly were not the closest of siblings in high school and as I left for college. Coming home from my mission early due to covid, although very challenging, did give me the opportunity to really reconnect with my brother. Going back to college we have face timed a couple times and it has been great to have this trust and connection made with him. Although me and Layton do not have the same religious beliefs and have chosen to live a little bit different of lives, we both do not judge one another and just love each other for one another's happiness. 


I know that it is because of Christ that relationships can be mended and improved. I also know that Christ is never one to judge, and I am grateful for His example that I try to emulate as I see those around me live their own unique lives. I also find much peace in the hope of eternal families because Christ died for me and resurrected
so that we can all live again. I know that my family isn't perfect, but we are very blessed and I have the gospel of Jesus Christ for establishing that. 

Comments

Popular Posts