October 4th- General Conference
What better way to come closer to Christ than to listen to his chosen prophets, apostles, and church leaders in General Conference? I absolutely loved all of the talks I heard and it was needed guidance that they gave me. Overall, I came out of conference with a gratitude that Christ calls prophets in every dispensation. This was one of the first principles I would teach on my mission, and a lot of other Christians would not agree. They had their Bible and that was enough. They knew prophets and apostles existed back in the day, but they didn’t understand the need for them today. I would also teach them that yes, prophets of old and the words they wrote down in holy scripture are of huge importance. We believe those words and are grateful for them. We turn to them daily for spiritually guidance and peace. But there is more. God still loves us today and wants to allow us to hear His voice still. This general conference was a string testimony builder that prophets really do speak for God. God is aware of our times today and knows what will help us. This conference talked a lot about the current worldwide pandemic of covid-19, they talked about the politically disrupt going on in America right now, they talked about racism and equality and how to peacefully protest against it, and more. None of these things are something I could flip open my bible or book of Mormon and get such clean and time pertinent answers to. God wants me to know how to react with what is going on in 2020, what I should do to promote peace and have patience in a pandemic. I just wish everyone understood how amazing it is that we have prophets and apostles called by God today who know what is up. They know how to help because they are also living through what I am living through. They receive revelation from God for our current trials and speak to us directly. Christ is at the head of this church and I am glad I can come closer to him by hearkening to the words of his chosen prophets, apostles and church leaders.

Comments
Post a Comment