November 8th, 2020: Choosing Happiness
Once again, it was a crazy busy week with school. I currently have 4 midterms to take this weekend which has been so insane! It is always so hard when all your classes to have midterms at the same time, and then work asks you to pick up some extra shifts and it is all just too much. On Friday, I just had a tough day. I was not in the best mood, everything was just making me angry. My buttons were easily being pressed by friends and I was "down in the dumps" one could say. I was so overwhelmed and just did not see how getting everything done was possible. I had friends going out to the movies, going out to game nights, watching the BYU football game, on trips with friends to California, and going camping while I was stuck cramming for tests and working. I felt bad for myself, that they could go out and have all this fun and I was being victimized with a busy life that left no time for me to have fun. I went up into my room alone and just started to cry. I decided to pray and I got a clear answer from God that all of this sadness I was feeling was what Satan wanted me to feel. I then made the decision to not let Satan win, that I was going to focus on the good things going on in life and even though my tests wouldn't go away, or the hours I had to work, that my best was going to be enough and there was no need to just stress unnecessarily about it.
The next day I went on my fourth date with this awesome guy name Austin and we decided to start officially dating. This was just a way of Christ showing me that even when life is so crazy and hard, there is still good. I decided that I need to focus on that good, because it is always there. I am so grateful for my Savior and that he is there for men when I am sad, but also helps me find the joy in life.
Comments
Post a Comment