November 1st, 2020: Teaching Sunday School

 

    I was recently called to be a Sunday school teacher in my provo YSA ward! When I got the call I was both excited but also nervous since I had never before taught Sunday school. I started to prepare my lesson by reading the chapters I was supposed to cover and that was really cool because it was the first time in a long time I had sat down to read my paper scriptures with my markers and pens there ready to write in comments and to read in the book of mormon for a good 30 minutes or more. It brought me back to the good ol' mission days and this experience has given me more motivation to have more experiences like this more often rather then reading a bit of scripture on my phone here and there. As I was looking at videos to decide which one would go along with my lesson it was cool to receive revelation about which one to choose and how to incorporate that into my lesson. Just the whole process of planning my lesson felt very inspired as to what questions I should ask, what scriptures to share, and which theme to focus on our of the 6 chapters. I felt very close to my savior, especially since the topic was about relying on the savior while in a world in iniquity. As I taught the lesson, the people in my ward also taught we so much about the importance of the savior through their comments. As I bore testimony
 at the end of my lesson about how grateful I am for Christ and my testimony in Him, because in a word full of darkness and despair He is my light and my hope. I am so glad to had had to opportunity to get this calling and give that lesson because it brought my closer to christ. 

Comments

Popular Posts