November 15th, 2020: Scriptures bring peace
While in my religion class this past week, we talked about the story when Christ tells Peter three times that if he loves Him to leave his fish and to go feed His sheep. We then after discussed how we can personally apply this in to our own lives. I decided that one big application for me was to not return to my ways of life before the mission, but to better apply the good habits I gained on my mission such as scripture study. So this past week I have been more diligent about opening my scriptures up to the Book of Mormon and spending just like 10 minutes in them each night before falling asleep.
One specific evening while reading my scriptures, I felt this overwhelming feeling of love from my Father in Heaven. I had always heard to ask God to help me see myself the way he sees me. In this moment while reading my scriptures, I was able to see myself for the daughter of God that I am. I was able to feel his love and appreciation for me, in me trying my best to draw nearer to Him. In a world of chaos, I feel that God just wants to know and see that we are trying our best. Although I am really busy, I realized that just preparing for my religion class twice a week was not enough scripture study to satisfy my spiritual needs. As I read in my scriptures each day, I was able to feel like spirit just like I could on my mission. I do not have to be a full-tim missionary to have this little "personal study." And specifically through this experience, I remembered that it isn't so important exactly the story I am reading in the Book of Mormon, but the spirit and prompting that can come along with it. Sometimes I get too caught up in my own life to allow God to have these moments with me when I can feel true peace and receive revelation for my life. I am so grateful for my scriptures and of the love of God that I feel when I read them.


Comments
Post a Comment