September 27th- Quarantine


    
I had some unexpected news texted to me just a couple days ago. My friend texted me that his roommate tested positive for Covid. This was the first time that I had actually had near contact with someone who had Covid and I honestly was in a bit of shock. This pandemic has been going on now for several months, but I have yet had to quarantine or had the virus. I immediately headed home from campus, cancelled my plans for the evening, and made an appointment to get tested that night. I went and got tested with my roommate and neighbor, since we all hung at the apartment of boys who tested positive for covid. During the weekend while awaiting our results, the three of us girls continues to spend time with one another, assuming that if one of us got it from the boys, we all must have gotten it. Monday evening rolls around, and my neighbor comes back positive but I come back negative. I honestly could not believe it! I now had spent the last several days with her, which means I would have to go get retested as well as quarantine for 14 days since I last had contact with her on Sunday. I had to contact school as well as notify both of my jobs I would not be coming in to work for the next two weeks. I was so disappointed with the results and feeling quite overwhelmed. After my second results came back negative, I was told my quarantine would not be over until the fourth of October! That seemed forever away, and I was not looking forward to it at all. I was going to miss out on so many social events, miss out on payment from work, and fall behind in my classes. Everything just seemed so unfair, after all I did not even have Covid. My friend who had it was out of quarantine by Friday, and I had to continue to stay inside. It was absolutely ridiculous. But then I decided to pray. I told God all of my frustrations and I just felt like my prayer was answered with God telling me to enjoy this time, to get caught up on school, and I will end up being grateful for it. So, I got to work, I made a to do list, cleaned my room up, and decided to stop moping around and start being productive. Just a week ago I was unbelievably overwhelmed with school. I am in the nursing program and working two separate jobs. My plate was defiantly overfilling and I was about to break down. God knew that I needed some time to regather my thoughts, to get back on top of school work, and to take a break from working at my jobs. I then wasn’t so frustrated with my quarantine and starting thanking God every day in my prayers for the time I was being given to get caught up on life. This experience brought me closer to Christ in that it gave me time to turn to him in sincere prayer, it gave me time to read my scriptures a bit more, and gave me time to recognize that Christ does know my struggles in life and sees what I need to feel peace. 





Comments

Popular Posts