October 25th, 2020: Abbey's Wedding

I was able to attend the ring ceremony and luncheon of one of my good friends Abbey! The whole event just made me so happy for her and the fact that they were able to be sealed for all time and eternity in the temple the day previous. Abbey has been engaged previously a couple times already, and her now husband Mitch was previously married. When I was roommates with Abbey she told me about her life motto which was "all things will work together for your good." The poor girl had so much patience and so much trust in her life motto. She really put her faith in Christ that he was aware of her and her desire to one day get married. I was so happy to see her life turn out not as she expected it to, but in a perfect way that she could only appreciate going through the trial of years of dating the wrong people. It made me reflect how I also need to put my faith and trust in Christ. Often I have desires to have things NOW. I forget that patience can teach me great lessons and there are things to learn about myself or others that I may not be aware of, but God is. It strengthened my testimony that Christ sees our needs but responds to them in a way that is best for your long term interest. 


Comments

Popular Posts